Real Estate

About Candlewood Lake


Important Information

Building Codes/ECC

Useful Links

Map & Directions

Resident Portal

Information About Candlewood Lake

Learn More about Candlewood Lake

Houses and lots are available in various locations throughout Candlewood. There are listings for sale by owner, by a real estate agent and by the Candlewood Lake Association (lots only). Candlewood Lake representatives or a professional real estate agent will expertly assist you in finding the ideal full-time or vacation place for you. You can explore Candlewood Lake owned lots real estate listings here.

Building Information

Candlewood Lake has an Environmental Control Committee (ECC) that is comprised of a Board Trustee member and at least one member from each type of housing area in the community as listed below:

  • Residential houses
  • Mobile residential homes
  • Seasonal living RV Park

The work of the Committee is to provide specific standards for preserving the original recreational and residential theme in our private, owner regulated community. The ECC reviews and approves building, structure, improvement, or installation permits in accordance with deed restrictions and building codes.

The ECC Handbook is your informational guide for initial, improvements, and other structure related building codes. If you require assistance or have additional questions, please contact the Association Office at (419) 947-1138 or the ECC Chairperson.

Fishing Licenses

Please remember that Ohio fishing licenses are required for all person 16 years of age or older to fish at Candlewood Lake. Although our lake is private, the Ohio Department of Nature Resources (ODNR) requires fishing licenses for our lake based in part because Whetstone Creek (and other tributaries) flows into and out of our lake and the fish can migrate to public waterways. Fishing licenses may be purchased on line at Buy Your Fishing License | Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ohiodnr.gov). That website also has complete information on fishing regulations and pricing information (Resident Adult 1 year license – $25, Resident Senior 1 year license – $10). Having your fishing license will prevent members and guests from getting any fines/violations for fishing at Candlewood Lake without a license. Please be responsible and follow Ohio Laws to have a safe and fun fishing season.

Additional Resources

Frequently Asked Questions

Why does Candlewood have so many rules?
Candlewood Lake is a very unique community. People who purchase a home or a lot in Candlewood Lake are looking for a certain type of clean, attractive, well-kept community. Candlewood is able to offer those qualities and many other positive benefits to its members only because there are policies in place to insure certain standards are maintained within our community. These policies have been carefully thought through and implemented throughout our history and are designed to insure that Candlewood remains one of Ohio’s top gated lake communities far into the future. It is very important that you read all of our policies, ordinances, and By-Laws before considering purchasing land or a home in Candlewood Lake.
Who do I call if I’d like to purchase a lot or a home in Candlewood Lake?
Contact our office at (419) 947-1138. They will point you in the right direction to purchase a Candlewood Lake owned lot or provide you with a list of Real Estate companies that advertise in our monthly newsletter.
What are the monthly assessments?
Depending on whether you live in the residential, RV or mobile home area, fees can range from approximately $150 and $240 per month per lot, depending on the lot location and what improvements have been made to it. There are various discounts for multiple lots and other factors. Water & sewer costs are included in the assessment fees. Trash is also included if you are a resident.
What utilities are available at Candlewood Lake?

Phone | Centurylink (866) 304-6820
High Speed DSL Internet | Centurylink (866) 304-6820
High Speed Internet | Bresco Broadband (614) 469-9000
High Speed Internet | Armstrong (419) 283-1343
Electric | Consolidated Electric (800) 421-5863
Knox Gas | Gas Company (888) 863-0032
Water / Sewer | Candlewood owned & operated (419) 947-1138
Cell Phone Territory | AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile
Garbage Pickup | provided by Candlewood (419) 947-1138

*Included in monthly assessments for residents. Large Item Pickup | Kurtzman Sanitation (419) 683-3921

How far away are grocery stores and gas stations?
Both Mount Gilead and Galion are less than 15 minutes away. Within both of these towns you will find nationally known grocery stores and gas stations. During the summer season, you will find local farmers selling fresh fruit and vegetables along the road ways. There is also a convenience store located just a minute away on county road 40. It is south of the dam and on the same side of CR 40 as the RV park. Due to liability and insurance costs, there is not a marina with gasoline for boats, on the lake.
What are the rules for boats?
See our update boating rules document here.
Where can I find Boat Maintenance & Storage?
There are boat services located in Marion, Ontario and Mount Vernon. The fish and boat club each year have a weekend or two in which you can have your pontoon boat pulled out of the lake and parked in the parking lot next to the north docks. There are also several self-storage facilities located within minutes of Candlewood. During the boating season, those that do not live on the lake can rent a dock within one of the two common dock areas. Contact the office at (419) 947-1138 for dock rental cost and availability.