Welcome to Candlewood Lake
We are a 1,500 acre private, gated, serene lake community delivering advantages of city living in a vacation-like atmosphere year around. We have something for all ages.
Located in Morrow County, just North of Mt. Gilead Ohio, a short drive from both Columbus and Cleveland, Ohio, many of our residents live here full-time. Others live here part-time while some choose to enjoy Candlewood on a seasonal basis.
Candlewood is owned and operated by our homeowners association. The association has overseen the continual progress of our community from its humble beginnings with one home in 1973 to its current position as the highest valued, second largest municipality in Morrow County.
Back in the early 70's, before any construction began, the community was carefully laid out by the planners. Their goal was to shape the look, feel and future of the community around the lake and other leisure amenities. The results included:
- 140 acres of parks and green space,
- Facilities, such as lodges and swimming pools, for community use,
- Areas set aside for residential houses only,
- Areas set aside for mobile residential homes only,
- An area set aside for a seasonal living RV Park and
- An area set aside for seasonal camping for members and their guests.
Candlewood Lake is one of Ohio's best private lake communities in which to live, due in part to the planning that went into its formation.
As you look through our website, you will get a sense of the large number of amenities available here at Candlewood Lake.
You may also check out our Facebook page using the link below.